Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
uncarysmatic

Stickies not being hidden when I press show desktop? Empty Stickies not being hidden when I press show desktop?

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:48 pm
When I press the show desktop button in the corner of the taskbar, instead of hiding all windows including stickies, the stickies now flash away but then immediately come back again. With Windows+D, it occasionally actually shows the desktop but most of the time it does the same thing.

According to the knowledgebase, this should not be possible - the 'show desktop' command should always do just that: hide every window so you can see your desktop. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Stickies not being hidden when I press show desktop? Empty Re: Stickies not being hidden when I press show desktop?

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:33 pm
If you use " preview " mode on the rightcorner of the taskbar you see the desktop without stickies . Also when a sticky is not ontop it will hide using the win+d hotkey .

I have other windows with the same behavior and i thought it is because none of them can be minimized ( they stay also with win+m ) .
But that does not explain why non ontop stickies hide ........

If you google this behavior you find that there have been some strange bugs around setting windows ontop after using win+d but erratic and difficult to resolve . But i could not find any posts about ontop windows behaving different than non ontop using win+d .

Also the " preview " mode seems to use a totally different approach to hiding windows ( no messages seems to be send to the windows like the ones with  win+d )

If you have the latest stickies version you can set to hide all stickies by clicking on the trayicon to clear the desktop ( but not the other windows )

This is all info i could find , i do not think this was a problem with winXP so i was quite surprised when i first saw it ......
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Stickies not being hidden when I press show desktop? Empty Re: Stickies not being hidden when I press show desktop?

Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:42 pm
Unhelpfully, I don't think this is a problem with Stickies, but with Windows.

Stickies contains no code to recognize, or take action when you press Windows-D (or use that corner).  It's Windows which shows and hides windows - Windows both hides them, and also puts them back, and Stickies doesn't even know it's happened.

Are any other apps also affected in the same way on your system?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum