Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gene95

V 10 eliminated all my stacks Empty V 10 eliminated all my stacks

Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:08 am
The update to v10 appeared to go reasonably OK, except I had to reset ALL my default settings, but all my stacks (containing well over a hundred notes of varying importance) are gone.  How will I be able to restore them, without a lot of wasted time and effort?
Gene95

V 10 eliminated all my stacks Empty Lost Stacks and Stickies

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:36 pm
I have begun to laboriously recreate the lost Stickies from the .rtf files in backups.  I still have to re-create the Stacks manually.  This should not have happened.

V 10 eliminated all my stacks Empty Re: V 10 eliminated all my stacks

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:02 pm
If you have a v9 backup ( with the ini and mdb files ) you can manually create the new files needed :  https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00010

V10 ran as a beta with some users so i guess it should work maybe one of your files had a problem or the path to the data was different to the new installation ( just a wild guess .......)
Gene95

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:07 pm
That post showed the way to the stickies tool ssit.  That allowed me to recover most of the lost files.  I will still have to recreate the stacks but that is minor.  Thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:20 pm
All the upgrade testing I've done has converted data files correctly - and that includes stack.  Right now I'm working with someone who has very many desktop notes all inside about 40 stacks, and they all got converted OK.

Let me know if you need help troubleshooting what's gone with the data conversion on your machine,

Tom
Gene95

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:56 pm
Right now its a moot point.  I have already recovered and saved the ones I need.  Just for information though:
Dell Inspiron, 64 bit win10 home, latest updates, VB runtime downloaded and installed prior to Stickies update.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum