Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
slaxx

recurring sticky pops up on startup? Empty recurring sticky pops up on startup?

Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:16 am
hello~ new here. been using stickies for a while.
i have a recurring sticky that i've set to pop up every 4.30pm on Mon-Sat, and it DOES work.

my question/problem is... the sticky also pops up every time i startup my pc, at any time of day (mornings usually).
i just Close the sticky right after it (properly) alarms and when it pops up on startup. not sure if im doing/setup wrong.

i would like for it not to popup on startup.. is this normal at the moment? or is this a problem that needs fixing?

embedded ss of my settings for this recurring sticky.
TIA!

recurring sticky pops up on startup? Untitl11
guest_today

recurring sticky pops up on startup? Empty Re: recurring sticky pops up on startup?

Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:19 am
Does the sticky has text in it so you can see it is the one you use for recurring or is it a blanco sticky?

If it is an empty one :
https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00067

You can also check in the traymenu "Manage notes" in the rightside " recurring " folder if there are maybe some forgotten sticky ?

btw what version of stickies are you using ?
slaxx

recurring sticky pops up on startup? Empty Re: recurring sticky pops up on startup?

Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:09 am
hi guest_today!

yeah it has text in it (it's my reminder for my meds), it's the same recurring sticky.
nope, no other stickies on recurring, just this 1. the rest are open on desktop.
im currently using v10.1a
guest_today

Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:29 am
Your settings seems to be ok , i will try it and see what it does tomorrow . Maybe it is a bug , you could try to set it to daily ( instead of weekly with the days selected ) at 4.30 and see if it gives the same startup sticky .

In the traymenu " settings " there is an option to debug to a logfile under " other ", i do not know what info will be recorded when a recurring sticky popsup but maybe it will give a hint .
slaxx

Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:54 am
i've set the Debug level to Debug. it was on Error before this, but the log only shows an error on skin setting back in Apr2023 (i think i was aware when this happened).

i'll try the Daily recurring sched for now and see what happens. thank you!
guest_today

Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:05 am
No sticky popped up after starting this morning , so it seems no bug in v10.1d .
slaxx

Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:19 am
sorry for the late reply. it didn't pop up anymore yesterday and today, although my current setting is in Daily.
im gonna try it on Weekly again and see if it's fixed, as well check the logs.
thanks~
slaxx

Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:13 am
update: it didn't pop up today on Weekly setting!
guest_today

Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:11 am
It will be added to the list of stickies mysteries ..... Best to set debugging to " off " otherwise the logfile will be big in a few weeks .
slaxx

Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:55 am
haha yes, a conundrum.
oh ok, imma just change it back to Errors for now.
thanks again for assisting me Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum