Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Supergregg

Caffeine needs config file. Empty Caffeine needs config file.

Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:01 am
I'm starting Caffeine using a shortcut placed in old "startup" folder that has all command line switches that I want.
However, Windows 11 has automatically now placed Caffeine in "startup" apps, in settings. But that only links directly to the EXE, no command line switches.
If I disable it in "startup" apps, Windows ignores the shortcut in the old "startup"-folder and Caffeine does not start. And there seems not to be any way to remove the app from this new Startup crap. Maybe some registry hacking?

I'm not sure how to get around this, I don't want to start it manually every time. Should I create a Scheduled task instead? Seems excessively complicated. Or maybe you could implement a registry config or a file based config that Caffeine checks if preset if command line switches are missing?

Thanks for a great app! My company has some draconian "power saving settings" I just cant bypass any other way. Very Happy
guest_today

Caffeine needs config file. Empty Re: Caffeine needs config file.

Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:28 am
Caffeine needs config file. 681710

I have no problem on win11 pro having the commandline switches in the shorcut in the startup folder , the startup apps dialog only indicates the exe but it start the lnk during startup ( i assume .... ) .
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:18 pm
This works OK for me as well under W11 - go to the right place by running:

shell:startup

Create a shortcut there, and then right-click it and go to Properties to add the usual command line parameters.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum