Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jhg

3 second delay on task tray icon double-click Empty 3 second delay on task tray icon double-click

Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:55 am
If I right-click the task tray Stickies icon and select New Note, the note appears instantly. Same for using a hotkey.

Double-clicking the task tray icon also creates a new note, but only after a delay of about 3 seconds. 

Is this the expected behavior? I searched through the settings and didn't find anything relating to a delay.
guest_today

3 second delay on task tray icon double-click Empty Re: 3 second delay on task tray icon double-click

Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:01 am
3 second delay on task tray icon double-click 665710
Maybe double clicking activates some other function that creates a delay ?
jhg

3 second delay on task tray icon double-click Empty Re: 3 second delay on task tray icon double-click

Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:58 pm
I tried turning that option on.  Curiously, a single click now opens a new note window immediately, but it still takes 3 seconds for the title bar input field to appear.  During that time the new note window seems to be disabled.

This does not happen when using a hotkey.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:23 pm
What about pressing control-n in a note - is there a delay then?

What about control-dragging a note?  Does that all happen straight away?

I guess I'm trying to see whether it's limited to just double-clicking the notification icon?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum