Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sokka

Stickies hanging and unable to manage large note size Empty Stickies hanging and unable to manage large note size

Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:32 am
So ive really started to like stickies and I find it super useful especially when just making a bain dump and writing down all my to do tasks in one place so i can go thru them later. however my todo sticky has become quite big and since its always open, it seems to make the entire program laggy. i know the obvious solution would be to use a different application for such large amounts of data, but i find stickies to be very easy to use and handy. is there some solution to this ? i can see for sure that the application takes time to load because even the simple act of typing laggs behind my keystrokes. for reference the rtf file of my todo sticky backup is of 16028 kb (and has 3-4 small screenshots that i have inserted)

Also another qn, what is a stack and how do i use it?

Finally a third question, is there some way to resize the stickies save window? my taskbar is double the normal size (for ease of use) and that covers up the bottom of the stickers save window. any solution?
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Stickies hanging and unable to manage large note size Empty Re: Stickies hanging and unable to manage large note size

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:21 pm
Yes, a 16Mb RTF file indicates that the app won't be handling the note very well.

If you need the full detail of the screenshot, that's going to swell the raw data by a lot ... and that will cause a problem.  If you can, try trimming the screenshot, or resizing it to be smaller.  Not by grabbing the corner, but actually making the amount of info in the image less.

At one point I had some code in to alert people to large notes which were going to cause problems, but it never helped much.  I'm afraid that although the app can handle super-large notes, it doesn't do it very gracefully.

There's a page in the help file about Stacks - have a look at that for more information.

Sorry, there's no way to resize the save dialog - although if you need to hit Save, you can likely just press Return instead?

Tom
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum