Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gene95

Running sequential BART backups Empty Running sequential BART backups

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:40 pm
Would it be possible to enable BART to have more than a single backup job run sequentially?  I typically run several different backups for different projects.  This entails running one, waiting for it to finish then running the next and so on.  It would be extremely helpful to set it to run several backups and be able to walk away and tend to other chores while it finished.  
If possible, thanks
If not, thanks anyway for great software.
Gene
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Running sequential BART backups Empty Re: Running sequential BART backups

Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:24 pm
I suspect you can do that using a batch file.  Or probably something cool and modern in PowerShell but I'm old school...

Assuming it's always the same sequence of command, look at the "START /WAIT" command.  That could hopefully be used to make the whole thing one double-click?

Tom
Gene95

Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:35 pm
More involved than I wanted to get, however I am running all the backups under the default.job.  I imagine that if I can learn how to set up different .job files I can group like backups in separate jobs.  I'll have to look into that when I have the time.  Thanks
Gene95

Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:22 am
Solution;
I couldn't find any documentation for BART so I just started experimenting.  I have three folders I always back up to Dropbox so I created a new job file, dropbox.job.  I then created three tasks, one for each folder. I can then open dropbox.job and select run all and it does what I was looking for.  I created another job file for a different three folders I back up at the same time and it works for that group as well.
Hope this can help someone else.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum