Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Armin

Launching Stickies without admin privileges Empty Launching Stickies without admin privileges

Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:00 pm
Hello, 

I installed this awesome utility today, and as far as I can see, it's just what I need! Very Happy Only one thing surprises me: Stickies seems to run with admin privileges by default. Why is this so, and is there a way to change this behavior? Is it because I installed the program with the "For all users" option?

Regards,
Armin

Launching Stickies without admin privileges Empty Re: Launching Stickies without admin privileges

Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:46 pm
For the installation for all users i think it is needed but if you restart stickies as far as i know it will run not elevated ( i just checked it on my system )

You can check the status for stickies.exe in the task manager if you add the  " elevated " column in the " details " window.
Armin

Launching Stickies without admin privileges Empty Re: Launching Stickies without admin privileges

Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 am
Thank you! Yes, I can confirm this: Stickies runs non-elevated when it is restarted. Perfect!
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:33 pm
The admin thing is a side effect of installation.  To install the app for all users, you need to elevate.  Then the handy "Launch Stickies after setup" check box means that the elevated setup file starts Stickies .. and so the child process is also elevated.

Subsequently the app get executed without elevation.  It doesn't need to be elevated for any reason.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum