Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
renca

Change Keypress for Caffeine Empty Change Keypress for Caffeine

Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:49 pm
Whenever I use Google Sheet while Caffeine is activated, it removes the content of the current cell. Is it possible to change the default keypress to less intrusive like F17? Thanks!

PS: Cmd is disabled on work PC.

Change Keypress for Caffeine Empty Re: Change Keypress for Caffeine

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:04 am
Change Keypress for Caffeine 238110

If you can create a shortcut for the exe , you can change the key to F17   (hex=0x80 dec=128 )

see  https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/index.html  for the parameter options
renca

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:35 pm
Thanks! I tried it but it doesn't work. Does it make any difference if I'm using 64 bit version?

I know F17 isn't intrusive on Google Sheets because I tried it on a Powershell Command. I also tried different F keys but still the same.

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:03 pm
I tried it with the caffeine64.exe and it sends the key . Are you using the latest version v 1.97 ? What is the purpose , preventing windows sleep or an application that disconnects when idle ?

There are some parameters for caffeine instead of sending a key but according to Tom Revell not much tested ...

Code:
-stes
- tell Windows to stay awake, don't use F15

Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:31 am
https://zhornsoftware.forumotion.com/t503-hey-my-caffeine-s-decaffed-i-think

Interesting post by forum member radiocam can help finding out what is happening .....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum