Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
stevehero
stevehero

Is there a way to hide the stickies after a period of inactivity? Empty Is there a way to hide the stickies after a period of inactivity?

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:18 am
Like the title suggests.

It would be nice to have a setting for this if there's no such way to do so?

Is there a way to hide the stickies after a period of inactivity? Empty Re: Is there a way to hide the stickies after a period of inactivity?

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:44 am
Do you mean computer inactivity or not using stickies for some time ? The first is easy it is only a few lines of code.

But how are you going to unhide the stickies ?

I use AHK for easy scripts , it is just a text file with the commands like a bat file:
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Variables.htm#TimeIdle
stevehero
stevehero

Is there a way to hide the stickies after a period of inactivity? Empty Re: Is there a way to hide the stickies after a period of inactivity?

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 am
The 2nd option.

I have them set to be hidden on start up of the pc.

It would be nice to hide the stickies after a few minutes again if the app hasn't been used in that time.

I unhide them by clicking on the system tray icon.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:58 pm
It is not so easy unless you set a condition like if a sticky has not been active window for a certain time but it can be frustrating if you have info on a sticky you need but it is not the active window ( if you work in another application ) ......

I used to have a hotkey for hide/show ( Pause key ) that works fine but needs user " intervention "  Neutral
stevehero
stevehero

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:07 pm
I was hoping for an automated solution. Thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum