Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mike M
Mike M

User 1, 2, 3 Empty User 1, 2, 3

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:30 pm
I see a new feature with User 1, etc. What are they? How to use? Can't find any documentation to explain their usage.

User 1, 2, 3 Empty Re: User 1, 2, 3

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:36 am
User 1, 2, 3 GgdRnAH

This has been a feature for a long time , it enables a conditional requirement to have some features in a skin . Unfortunately the web page to view the skins is " modernized " so you cannot see the detailed features used in the skin anymore to find one that uses it .

Here is a simple example of one skin that has two colors for the papercllp by changing the user . But some skins change their layout completely depending on the user and have a button to choose which version you want . ( so no need to go to options/general )

User 1, 2, 3 0ETv3qo

update :   Here is a one made by Cynthia that uses the user1 conditioning:
https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/skins.pl?a=show&s=tsr2016

Code:
TSR2016:  Overlaying the center of the date is an invisible button (User 1) which toggles between the creation date and the modified date of the note.  Another invisible button, sound alarm, is found when mousing over the upper left corner of the skin.
Mike M
Mike M

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:49 pm
My other question is: How do I identify myself as User 1, etc? Am I, by default, User 1? You can probably tell I'm a newbie at this feature.
And lastly...I appreciate all the work you're doing with Stickies.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:16 pm
User 1, 2, 3 PVbBWWf

You can set it in the traymenu Options / General ( i use stickies V9 ) , i guess the default is none . As far as i know it is only used when the setting is changed is by clicking a ( sometimes ) invisible " button " in the skin to perform a change in its settings/appearance . When you create your own skin it allows you to be really creative like Cynthia 's master pieces and it is fun to take them apart to see how it is done !

I use stickies a lot for its edit window that is easily used to interact with using a script . For example to see the result of a google translate or upload return url .
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:49 pm
*You* aren't user 1, instead "user 1" refers to a value which you, the user, can set.  There are three boolean values (on/off) and one string value which you can use if you like.

Tom
Mike M
Mike M

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:03 pm
I think I understand now. In "Settings" under New Notes, I can set myself as User 1, etc. Then, if a skin uses this feature, I'll see those particular settings. Am I correct?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum