Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Shawn

Stickies Server does not sync Empty Stickies Server does not sync

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:40 pm
Hello,

First of all i love Stickies and use this Tool since more than 10 Years.

i installed Stickies Server and now i can not syny with my Windows 10 Clients.
When i chose "sync friends with" in the WebUi nothing happens, the friends list on the Server stays empty.
Also tried to manually copy the friends.ini to the folder on the server, restart service, list stays empty.

Interresting is that when i use "send friends to" this works and the list on the client gets as emty as the one on the server.

Sending and recieving Stickies works on the Clients, so the firewallsettings should be ok.

Any suggestions how to solve?

Client: W10
Server: W10
Browser: Firefox

Also have massive problems with W10 Clients to sync Friends with other Stickies installations what i did before installing Stickies Server.
Seems that Stickies and W10 are not best friends?
Shawn

Stickies Server does not sync Empty Re: Stickies Server does not sync

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:45 pm
I just found out that the Server is writing on the friends.ini when thy to sync with a client, but no data is written, file stays empty.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:21 pm
I'd not say that Stickies and W10 aren't friends - I think they work well enough together.  I've been using the app on W10 for many years, and it's behaving OK.

However ... Stickies Server is another matter.  It's fallen out of maintenance, and in just trying this afternoon to try to get to the bottom of what you report, I can't get the app to run reliably any longer.  Every time I try to get it to communicate with Stickies, it crashes, and I've failed to track down where the crash is coming from.

I do appreciate that this is a poor response, rather late .. sorry :/

Tom

Shawn likes this post

Shawn

Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:16 pm
No problem, I just switched back to a client that the other clients are now syncing with.
Stickies is and will always be my number 1 for quick internal communication,
thanks for your work!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum