Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
juice

Option to default to "sleep until alarm sounds" when setting alarm Empty Option to default to "sleep until alarm sounds" when setting alarm

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm
Hopefully I've just missed this in the extensive options, but if not, I'd like the option to default "sleep until alarm sounds" to checked when setting alarm.

Often I'll set a new sticky for later in the day and I want it gone until then, so I invariably click this option, except when I forget, which is way too often  Rolling Eyes

So it would make life a lot easier if I could choose this as the default.

Thanks again, I use this software a LOT.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Option to default to "sleep until alarm sounds" when setting alarm Empty Re: Option to default to "sleep until alarm sounds" when setting alarm

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:31 pm
Nope, sorry, that option isn't in there.

It's not exactly what you've asked for of course, but if you press control-g on any forgotten notes, that will sleep the sticky until tomorrow.  If a sticky is asleep when the alarm is triggered, that will wake it up, meaning that the note will be gone from view until it wakes up, sounding an alarm.

The other approach would be to sleep the note instead, as you can set the default for whether to trigger an alarm on wake.

Tom
juice

Option to default to "sleep until alarm sounds" when setting alarm Empty Re: Option to default to "sleep until alarm sounds" when setting alarm

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:04 am
That sounds like a solution for already created notes rather than new ones you're creating at that time?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 pm
If you want a note to both have an alarm sound at a certain time, and also disappear until that time, you can either:

o Send it to sleep, and to sound an alarm when it wakes
o Set an alarm, and to sleep until the alarm sounds

Both will achieve the same thing, so why not use the Sleep dialog to set what you're looking for, rather than the alarm dialog, as then you can make Stickies work as you've suggested, if I understand correctly?

Tom
juice

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:50 pm
Option to default to "sleep until alarm sounds" when setting alarm Defaul10

OK, so what I'm suggesting is to be able to have the circled box checked by default (prob an option to do so in options) when creating an alarm on a sticky, as I click this box every time I set an alarm, as I want it to go away until that time. (Just posting this for the sake of clarity as I just saw that the forum will host images.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 pm
What you post there is the second of the two bullet points, "Set an alarm and sleep until the alarm sounds".

Instead, why not choose the Sleep dialog, and go with the first option, "Send it to sleep, and sounds an alarm when it wakes", by checking the "Trigger alarm on wake" box on that dialog?

That "Trigger alarm on wake" does already have an option to set the default, so that way the app would already work the way you're looking for?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum