Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Burdenizm

Can I make the note slightly transparent? Empty Can I make the note slightly transparent?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:40 pm
Hi,
New to Stickies, so if I've done something wrong or don't really use the correct terminology, have mercy.
Ive managed to get an Image on my skin as a background, so far so good.
So I'm trying to figure out how I would make the notes text box (not the entire window), slightly transparent so the background image would be visible.
I saw a post about making the entire text box itself transparent. I replicated and tried to mess around with some settings to achieve what I wanted with no success.
Example with the Title Bar:

Can I make the note slightly transparent? X+MiDhuTnXIsAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Am I able to also do this to the text box?

Thanks in advance!

- Burden
Sooyke
Sooyke

Can I make the note slightly transparent? Empty Re: Can I make the note slightly transparent?

Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:56 pm
Can I make the note slightly transparent? 288310

I do not think it is possible to set transparency for an edit control . There is a workaround by setting a blurred version of the background behind the edit area . I only spend some minutes on it and it seems to created some artifacts when the sticky becomes bigger than the image .

Only if you really need it you can try it out this way but it seems to hid the limits of the sticky code ..... study

Burdenizm likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Can I make the note slightly transparent? Empty Re: Can I make the note slightly transparent?

Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:24 am
Stickies uses an off-the-shelf text edit control - RichEdit (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/controls/rich-edit-controls)

This is so that notes can support text editing in all languages, embedded images, formatting, printing - writing all that sort of code from scratch is way beyond most people, and certainly for me.

However, it does limit some of the things I can then get done with it - and what you want to do is included in that.  You can set the text edit background to be transparent, but not blurred I'm afraid.  Sooyke suggests a nifty hack ... but it's still a hack (sorry Sooyke!) so it will have its limits.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum