Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
juice

Possible to rollback/start afresh with an old version of Stickies? Empty Possible to rollback/start afresh with an old version of Stickies?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:11 am
I know this sounds weird, but I am REALLY missing the random colours for new stickies function that used to exist, and so I'm wondering if I can go back to that version, or if I can start afresh with it and go from there. V10 doesn't have that (as far as I can tell) and I also can't get it to automatically centre the text in a new sticky, so I thought I'd ask...

Thanks.

Possible to rollback/start afresh with an old version of Stickies? Empty Re: Possible to rollback/start afresh with an old version of Stickies?

Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:55 am
Do you have a lot of stickies to convert ?  What is the version you want to rollback to ?
Could you have the option that a new sticky auto centered text in that version ?

There is no direct way of converting afaik .
For the random colors you can post it in the ' Feature requests " on this forum ( also centering the text ).
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Possible to rollback/start afresh with an old version of Stickies? Empty Re: Possible to rollback/start afresh with an old version of Stickies?

Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:06 pm
To set text as centered, create a new blank note with the text aligned, and then save it as default.rtf in your data directory.  Every time you create a new empty note, this file will be loaded, and so the centered text will get set up.

Looking at the random colours, although they were removed from the colour selection dialog, the code is still there.  Either set the default new note colour to be 254,254,254 or 253,253,253 - there are even pretty "New:" colour previews to show you've got it right.

Tom

juice likes this post

juice

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 am
To set text as centered, create a new blank note with the text aligned, and then save it as default.rtf in your data directory.  Every time you create a new empty note, this file will be loaded, and so the centered text will get set up.

OK, file this under "weird things that happen to me" - this is what I've been doing for years (2018?) and it wasn't working in v10. Played around with it for half an hour today, and eventually got it to work by saving the file elsewhere and then copying it into the data directory.

Anyway, it now works, so YAY! :-D

Looking at the random colours, although they were removed from the colour selection dialog, the code is still there.  Either set the default new note colour to be 254,254,254 or 253,253,253 - there are even pretty "New:" colour previews to show you've got it right.

Oh yeah! Thanks for that. AWESOME.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum