Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Starscream64

Error opening Stickies - Then crashes Empty Error opening Stickies - Then crashes

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:08 pm
When I started up my computer a couple of weeks ago, I started to get an error that said "Database already exists". It then froze and then caused stickies to close every time I opened it. I could see my notes appear, so they are still saved somewhere.
When I went to the Knowledge base and followed the introductions to fix that particular error today, I wasn't able to find the files that those directions said to move (stickies.ini, options.ini, store.ini,images, and rtf.  I noticed that the first line of the fix in the KB said that "You might find that reinstalling Stickies means that it runs successfully, but otherwise you get the above message" so I decided to try upgrading to v10, from v9.
I followed the instructions to download and upgrade from v9 to v10, but received an error in the installation process, and I now get the below two errors whenever I try to open Stickies. Then Stickies crashes.

Error opening Stickies - Then crashes D8jP7m4B4VgZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Error opening Stickies - Then crashes YeAnu28fCheRX56kH7ktw3z4WLiTJcIULSTJc4UKSDFe4kCTDFS4kyXCFC0kyXOFCkgxXuJAkwxUuJMlwhQtJMtywcCFJsu7e4QIAQAnCBQAQjnABAIQjXAAA4QgXAEA4wgUAEI5wAQCEI1wAAOEIFwBAOMIFABCOcAEAhCNcAADhCBcAQDjCBQAQjnABAIQjXAAA4QgXAEA4wgUAEI5wAQCEI1wAAOH8H8y4TygokHKmAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Any help would be appreciated!
I am using Windows 10.

Error opening Stickies - Then crashes Empty Re: Error opening Stickies - Then crashes

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:25 am
You find a solution for the latest error messages here:

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00093

But i would recommend fixing your V9 first or at least find an error free backup because otherwise maybe errors are converted to the V10.

To get to the stickies data files ( if you installed it  " only for me " )

Error opening Stickies - Then crashes 217010

Type %appdata%\stickies  in the run dialog , it would open explorer there . You can copy this stickies directory to some save location just in case ! By default there should be a backup directory in it with auto backups of stickies .

I
Starscream64

Error opening Stickies - Then crashes Empty Re: Error opening Stickies - Then crashes

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 am
That worked! I reverted to an older back up, then followed the steps you gave to finish the upgrade.

You are a lifesaver, thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum