Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sfadschm

Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click Empty Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click

Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:13 pm
Hi all,

I am wondering if we can somehow disable the "new Note on Double-Clicking the Taskbar Icon" feature?

Couldn't find anything in the settings, KB or forums so far.

I tend to use the taskbar icon to bring my open notes to the front but happen to double click it more often than I would want to admit.

Thanks and cheers
Alex

Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click Empty Re: Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click

Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:55 pm
You can put it in this forum " feature requests " . It is more followed by Tom Revell i think .....

As a workaround you can use the apicmd.exe to execute the command " do bringforward " and put it on the taskbar .
Clicking the icon will have the same effect , double clicking does nothing ( well actually doing the same ....)

Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click 144110

You can select a stickies icon in its " Properties dialog " when you select stickies.exe in Change icon.

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/api/sample_apicmd.zip

Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click 143710
sfadschm

Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click Empty Re: Disable New Note on Taskbar Icon Double Click

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:53 pm
Hey Sooyke,
thanks for the quick response!

This looks like a useful workaround and should do its part for now.
Having a double-click also just open the note is just perfect for me Smile

I will add this to the request section as well.

Thanks and cheers
Alex
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum