Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Peter

Scroll bar not working correctly Empty Scroll bar not working correctly

Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:42 pm
I have a very long sticky, which I cannot enable the scrollbar for. I like to have one big note for my TODOs, rather than having many small ones. In addition, in the past I did have a scroll bar, but I could not scroll to the bottom of the sticky note.

I'm guessing that the length of the note is the issue. The length of the note is: 517 words, ~3,000 characters (with spaces), ~100+ lines, etc.

Is there a fix I could apply? Thanks.

Scroll bar not working correctly Empty Re: Scroll bar not working correctly

Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:27 am
Even in v8 the limit was around 600 000 characters , if you use v10 and win10 the limit is set by the amount of space your system has .I pasted a wordlist of 100000+ lines in a sticky and could scroll it smoothly without problems.

If you are not using the default skin i would try the default just to be sure it is not the skin code.

You can try and create a new sticky and paste the data in it to see if that solves it.

Best regards ,

Last edited by Sooyke on Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : set linebreaks)
Peter

Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:26 pm
Great! Thank you.

With your suggestion, I was able to find an issue.

I had tried to make a new note before posting here, but that didn't seem to work. When you mentioned skins, I remembered I had trouble with skins before. That didn't seem to be the issue, as I was using the default skin and had uninstalled the skins I had tried.

But, I had found that, somehow, the option to enable scrollbars in the options was unset, even though I had not opened the settings in some time.

Perhaps there some interaction with the skins and the settings? I'm not sure, but it seems to be working now.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum