Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BatHat01

Caffeine Active hours keyword usage Empty Caffeine Active hours keyword usage

Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:30 pm
Could someone please provide an example usage for the -activehours keyword in the Caffeine app?

Code:
-activehours:........xxxxxxxx........
- put 24 . or x characters - which indicate from hour 0 to hour 23 of the day. Caffeine will be active only in hours with an x

If I would like Caffeine to be active between 09:00 and 17:00 how would I do that with this keyword?

Caffeine Active hours keyword usage Empty Re: Caffeine Active hours keyword usage

Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:13 pm
Caffeine Active hours keyword usage 40010

You need the latest version v1.90 , you can find the version in the traymenu "About" to have this option .

Best regards,

Last edited by Sooyke on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
BatHat01

Caffeine Active hours keyword usage Empty Re: Caffeine Active hours keyword usage

Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:40 pm
I see now how it works, thank you Very Happy
ka24de

Caffeine Active hours keyword usage Empty Active Hours bug

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:31 pm
There is a bug where the known active hour will become frozen thus rendering the active hours inoperative. 
Example system clock is showing 0:928 but Caffeine reporting "Hour 12: active"
normfromcheers

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 pm
Caffeine Active hours keyword usage Youren10
In the screen shot you can see that Caffeine thinks the hour is 12 but in reality the hour is 9. This got stuck at hour 12 yesterday. Windows is set for 24 hour format on the system time.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:07 pm
Can you still open the traymenu or is the whole app unresponsive ? Does your pc go in hibernate mode overnight ?
normfromcheers

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:29 pm
I am able to double click on Caffeine tray icon and it toggles to inactive, then able to double click and it toggles to active. This indicates to me that the app is still responsive. PC does not have any scheduled hibernation, and in addition to this, the PC did stay on and fully awake overnight (which is outside of the "active hours") as caffeine was indeed working to keep the PC awake. Presumably this was because it thought the hour was 12 and 12 was set as an active hour. I do not know if this is related to the 13th hour and possible handling of time format from Windows as hour 13 vs 1pm. I will continue to use and monitor the behavior but it's not an isolated incident as it has happened multiple times now.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:49 pm
Caffeine Active hours keyword usage 40410

well..... it needs debugging  Neutral  I guess this was a much asked for option hope Tom Revell will take a look at it .
normfromcheers

Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:09 pm
This is an excellent feature, just needs some more testing and debugging, I will try to report back any clues or trends I find. Perhaps we could get an internal watchdog so if active hour does not change for >60 minutes it will set Caffeine to inactive.

Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm
Have you seen the hours change at all? I restarted it but the hour did not change and in the image i think i started it at 16h so there the indication did not change too.

Yesterday because of the OP's question i intercepted the F15 key event and the log file indicated it started at the right time but i did not looked at the tooltip ....
normfromcheers

Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:28 pm
I have seen the tooltip showing the correct hour sometimes. Now that I am watching it more closely, on 2 separate PC (Win 10) I can see that more often it's actually not changing.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:08 pm
I have been running the app today with active/nonactive on alternate hours and logging the time of the f15 events.
The keys were send as expected but the hours in the "tooltip" never changed from the initial one . I do not know if this is intended or a bug but it does not seem to prevent the sending/notsending of key. (at least in my trial for 2 days)
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:50 pm
Ah yes, sorry, I think I can see a problem.  I suspect it's an issue with the tooltip not being updated, rather than the operation of Caffeine.

Does this debug build solve the problem please: https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/caffeine/caffeine64.zip

Thanks,

Tom

Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Thank you , i tried it today and the realtime hours are on the tooltip ( and the key is send when active ).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum