Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LastMaster

Single PC on network does not recieve, but can send. Empty Single PC on network does not recieve, but can send.

Tue May 15, 2018 12:44 am
I have one machine running Win7x64 with the latest revision of Stickies 9.0e.

It can send stickies just fine but it will not receive. 

In the firewall i've selected the stickies.exe for both inbound and outbound but I haven't done the DNS port.

I've tried using the machine name and it's dedicated IP, i've also changed the IP with no success.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated. 

-Thanks

Single PC on network does not recieve, but can send. Empty Re: Single PC on network does not recieve, but can send.

Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 am
You can open a windows PowerShell window on the sending PC and type the command  ( example with my lan destination adress ):

tnc 192.168.1.4 -port 52673

It will check if it finds the port open ( default port for stickies is 52673 ).
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Single PC on network does not recieve, but can send. Empty Re: Single PC on network does not recieve, but can send.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:19 pm
Huh, I didn't know about that powershell cmdlet Sooyke, thanks.

Can you ping the problem machine from another one, by IP address or by hostname?  Networking problems like this almost always turn out to be a firewalling issue though - is it possible there are two firewalling products running on it?

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum