Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
haloraider

Export/Save Stacks as a file Empty Export/Save Stacks as a file

Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:33 am
Any thoughts or plans to Save or Export stacks as a file that can later be imported or even shared with another machine?
Lee J

Export/Save Stacks as a file Empty Great Idea

Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:43 pm
I'll second that! Being able to do "stuff" with stacks as a group is something I keep wishing for too Smile

Top of my wish list to be able to simply drag a single note over a stack on my desktop, hold/hover and drop it right into the stack. (rather than the right-click title-bar, send to stack "...").

So Yes, being able to right-click on a stack and select "save as" for that specific stack would be really useful too!!!

Let's hope Tom agrees Smile

brs,
Lee
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Export/Save Stacks as a file Empty Re: Export/Save Stacks as a file

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:36 pm
Hold shift as you drag a note over a stack, and the stack will change the border to show you're going to put the note into the stack when you let go.  So, that's one request sorted.

As for bulk exporting - well you can save as .sti files of course, and you can get at info using SSIT, but to get what you're looking for (I'm not 100% sure how what you want would work) then there's always going to the database.  If it's just getting the data out, perhaps bulk-print a stack contents to a PDF file?

Tom
Lee J

Export/Save Stacks as a file Empty Print Stack to PDF Works for Me

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:14 pm
Hi Tom,
1) Shift-drag into stack. Duh! Perfect Smile
2) Bulk Export. Yep "manage note, go into stack. select the ones you want and "save as rtf" or print to ...pdf (say)
I'd been right-clicking without success on the desktop stacks and also on the stacks names themselves in the "Manage notes" window. On the individual notes it does what I wanted.
I'm fine. Can't speak for the original poster though!
Much appreciated.
cheers,
Lee
Sponsored content

Export/Save Stacks as a file Empty Re: Export/Save Stacks as a file

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum