Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Adrielk00

Stickies BUG mouse cursor Empty Stickies BUG mouse cursor

Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:24 am
Hello! How are they?

I am having issues with Stickies. When I pass over the cursor, it is reversed. The cursor is reversed. The icon of the same is on the other side, and at the same time the icon changes to a different version of it. Does anyone know why this happens? Crying or Very sad

The only solution I find is to uninstall the program and reinstall it. But soon the same happens. Shocked

Thank you very much to all!

-------

Edited: The solution was to uninstall Visual Basic. This happens since in the new versions of VB a new feature is included which allows you to select the full line of text.

Last edited by Adrielk00 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Stickies BUG mouse cursor Empty Re: Stickies BUG mouse cursor

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:57 am
What version of windows and version of stickies are you using ? The image you posted is it the cursor over a sticky window ? What is the " sticky skin " name you used here ?

Best regards ,
Adrielk00

Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:48 pm
Sooyke wrote:What version of windows and version of stickies are you using ? The image you posted is it the cursor over a sticky window ? What is the " sticky skin " name you used here ?

Best regards ,

Hello! Thanks for the answer!

Im using Windows 10 2004 - Copilation SO 19041.329
Stickies Version is 10.0d
Theme name is Win10.ssk (https:// www .zhornsoftware. co. uk/stickies/skins.pl?a=show&s=win10)

I have the same problem in Stickies Version V9.0e.

Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:45 am
Thank you for posting the video , it shows it clearly ! I understand that when you reinstall stickies it works for a while ? Stickies uses the standard RichEdit control provided by windows , this control is also used by windows WordPad ( just enter wordpad in search to find it ) can you check if you have the same problem there ?

Are you using another than the standard theme or a third party windows visual " customization " like rainmeter ?

Best regards ,
Adrielk00

Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:20 pm
Sooyke wrote:Thank you for posting the video , it shows it clearly ! I understand that when you reinstall stickies it works for a while ? Stickies uses the standard RichEdit control provided by windows , this control is also used by windows WordPad ( just enter wordpad in search to find it ) can you check if you have the same problem there ?

Are you using another than the standard theme or a third party windows visual " customization " like rainmeter ?

Best regards ,

Hi Sooyke! Good morning!.

Exactly, it works for a while and then it happens again.
The Windows that I have is newly installed. I don't have any program installed.
Precisely, the first thing I do when installing Windows is the installation of "Stickies".

And this is extremely curious. I just opened WordPad as you told me. It happens exactly like Stickies!!

Maybe this is a Windows problem. no?

Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Hi , you are right it seems like a windows problem , i have updated to 2004 a week ago but did not find a problem on my system.

You can check if all files are ok , here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

It is a very strange problem and i would think you would find some post about this bug but googling did not turn up one so maybe it is a dll or exe corruption in your system.

Best regards ,
Adrielk00

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:14 pm
Sooyke wrote:Hi , you are right it seems like a windows problem , i have updated to 2004 a week ago but did not find a problem on my system.

You can check if all files are ok , here is the link:

It is a very strange problem and i would think you would find some post about this bug but googling did not turn up one so maybe it is a dll or exe corruption in your system.

Best regards ,

I will do what you tell me. And then restart the pc. To see what happens.

Maybe it is a problem with some of the drivers that I install (I know, it's weird, but maybe someone modifies something about the system, maybe the video drivers) or program.

The only thing I install as soon as I have a clean PC is: NotePad ++, Winrar, HoneyView, and Stickies.
Adrielk00

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:16 pm
Wow! look i find this! Same Problem Like me!!

https:// ux. stackexchange. com/ questions/40382/why-does-the-mouse-cursor-switch-direction-over-line-numbers-in-programming-ides

https:// ux. stackexchange. com/questions/35435/when-to-use-reversed-mirror-arrow-cursor

and here!

https: //answers. microsoft. com/es-es/msoffice/forum/all/imagen-del-puntero-invertido-solo-en-word-office/8023855a-22c2-45c0-b2ae-57696e0032ac

I have searched my problem but this time related to wordpad and I see that many people do the same.
Adrielk00

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:31 pm
Wow, its about visual studio!

https: //stackoverflow. com/questions/35064700/visual-studio-disable-reversed-cursor-to-select-line

Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:44 pm
Stickies BUG mouse cursor Fffff10

I found that setting the paragraph option in stickies to right or centered it gives the right pointing cursor maybe you can check if you used that in your stickies .
Adrielk00

Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:02 pm
Sooyke wrote:Stickies BUG mouse cursor Fffff10

I found that setting the paragraph option in stickies to right or centered it gives the right pointing cursor maybe you can check if you used that in your stickies .

haha yes, I use that option a lot.

I have solved the problem by uninstalling Visual Basic. Now I can use the "Paragraph" options without that mirror cursor problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:18 pm
Glad you solved it Very Happy !

Stay save in these troubled times !

Greetings ,

Sooyke
Adrielk00

Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:23 pm
Thanks Sooyke!  Very Happy cheers

Please, take care of yourself too. Hugs and greetings from Argentina!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum