Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
borabaysal

Stickies won't start, after installing Citrix Workplace update! Empty Stickies won't start, after installing Citrix Workplace update!

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 pm
Hi,

Our Windows support team recently updated the Citrix Workplace with the latest and after restart the Winodws 10 notebook, Stickies (v10.0d just installed) doesn't start giving following error.

ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8".
ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

-Bora

Stickies won't start, after installing Citrix Workplace update! Empty Re: Stickies won't start, after installing Citrix Workplace update!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:01 am
Did you report it to your " windows support team " ? Fixing the problem for stickies might interfere with the " update " they installed .
borabaysal

Stickies won't start, after installing Citrix Workplace update! Empty Re: Stickies won't start, after installing Citrix Workplace update!

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:57 pm
Yes our HelpDesk had a look into it, they updated Microsoft Visual C++ and all but it didn't change anything. They also roll-backed the Citrix Workplace update that caused this but Stickies continue to throw that errors.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:08 pm
There are many Microsoft visual updates  , you can try the one in this link . It seems to work for other users for different errors .(make sure you have the 32 or 64bit version depending on your system OS.

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00085
borabaysal

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:32 am
I installed this (there was no 32bit or 64bit option, install was successful) but now I got different error below.
-
The ordinal 12404 could be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Stickies\mdb2db.exe.
-

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 am
https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00093

Like running on a Mobius ring Smile

Did you upgrade from V9 to V10 ?
borabaysal

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 am
YES! It worked! Thanks much! I recovered all the notes back  Very Happy
Yes I am running latest vesion v10.0d, it converted all my notes successfully on start.

Thanks again for the support!

-Bora
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum