Go down
BenTa

Is it possible to get the source bitmap of the Stickies app Empty Is it possible to get the source bitmap of the Stickies app

on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 pm
I just started using this wonderful app and wanted to create my own Stickies Skin, and I just wonder if at all possible to get the source bitmap (Source PNG) that include all the icons & buttons that are used in the Stickies app itself so my new skin may look consistent with app and easier to recognise by the users. Thanks

Last edited by BenTa on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sooyke

Is it possible to get the source bitmap of the Stickies app Empty Re: Is it possible to get the source bitmap of the Stickies app

on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am
Is it possible to get the source bitmap of the Stickies app OKZ6yCd
If you are in a hurry to work on the skin you can download the stickies icons from the webside mentioned in the stickies traymenu  " About Stickies ".

You can choose a color / size in the " advanced export " option on the website.
LaurentG

Is it possible to get the source bitmap of the Stickies app Empty Re: Is it possible to get the source bitmap of the Stickies app

on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:41 pm
Hi,

a very easy solution is to open the exe file with a resource compiler/decompiler tool, like ResourceHacker (freeware)
See here : http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

ResourceHacker allow you to extract and save all resources , in particular icons, cursors, etc...
In particular, there is a bin resource, (the one named 580) that is actually a ttf font used by Tom as an icon catalog in the application. If you save it as a TTF file, you can visualize it, or even install it in your Windows font. Its font name is MDStickies

Have fun !
BenTa

on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:59 pm
Sooyke &LaurentG, thanks a lot for both of you for the time and effort answering my question, really appreciated it. I’ll try both methods and will definitely come back with the results and hopefully with a nice new Stickies Skin. Kind regards.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum