Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ronn

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable "missing" Empty Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable "missing"

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:36 am
Hi Tom,

I just ran across your stickies program and I am excited to use it.

I went through the forum and found this problem but I did not see any cure.

When I try to install it I get the missing a library Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable erro.

I am running Windows 10, 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Visual C++

When I install "continue anyway" I have X at "copy "stickies.chm" and 'run stickers', everything else has a check mark.

Thank you in advance, I am not that technical in these things so any guidance would be appreciated.
Turbo

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable "missing" Empty Re: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable "missing"

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:44 am
Have you seen the Knowledge Base article about this? -- KB00085 - Error about side-by-side configuration being incorrect.
Just search the Knowledge Base at the top of this forum.  

I recently had issues finding the proper Visual C++ package to make Stickies work properly on my Win7 - 64 bit computer. 

Eventually someone helped me settle on the package located here, which is different from the one in the KB article.

Turbo
EricY

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable "missing" Empty Re: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable "missing"

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:17 pm
Make sure you're installing the x86 version of the runtime.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum