Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
th0mas

Improvement for stickies positioning Empty Improvement for stickies positioning

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Hey,

I’m using Stickies for years. Absolutely awesome tool! Thank you for the development.

But I’ve one recurring problem: I’m often changing my screen resolution because of dock and undock my notebook to external monitors. My sticky is aligned to right side but it does not snap to it. Therefore it will be often out of screen (where I need your rescue functionality). The reason for this is saved X and Y coordinates in stickies.ini for my sticky.

Is there a possibility that you allow snapping the sticky to right? Therefore you could store snapping (e.g. top, bottom, left, right) instead of X and Y. The offscreen problem will be fixed on this way.

Best Regards
Thomas
Marcin

Improvement for stickies positioning Empty locking position

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:14 am
Pls consider option like this:
- locking position of notes to the position of window to which it is attached OR
- simpler version of this would be to lock position of each stickies to some part of screen (x,y). Choosing exact location could be performed by accepting coordinates from note at the moment of locking the note

Best wishes for 2020
Madryn

Improvement for stickies positioning Empty Re: Improvement for stickies positioning

Tue May 12, 2020 6:56 am
I have the same problem with a external monitor.
Maybe a movable (reference) anchor from which every note is positioned absolutely may be a option.
Sponsored content

Improvement for stickies positioning Empty Re: Improvement for stickies positioning

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum