Go down
timo476

Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger Empty Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger

on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:32 am
Since getting Windows 10, my stickies don't show up on top of other applications when the alarms trigger.  The alarms are working b/c when I close applications, I can then see them and they're blinking, but they used to pop up on top of everything else, which is what made them useful.

Thanks!
Sooyke

Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger Empty Re: Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger

on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:18 pm
Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger SzOIaf3

Can you try a  "sleep" sticky and waking up to see if that works ?
LaurentG

Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger Empty Re: Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger

on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:51 pm
Hi Sooyke, the screen you show is for v9 (or previous).
In v10, here is the right place in Options

Stickies not showing on top when alarms trigger WNaOYROR7Xv0wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
timo476

on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:51 pm
Yes, I have that option checked and I have the issue whether the sticky is sleeping or not.
Sooyke

on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:22 pm
Smile  @LaurentG    I forgot i went back to v9 !

@timo476   does it work for a desktop sticky that is set ontop or does it have the same problem ? I remember a similar problem but it was intermittent and i do not know if it was with v10 but it certainly was with win10 . There was no solution given......
timo476

Yesterday at 12:13 pm
It doesn't matter if the sticky is set to ontop or not.  I've played around with all the settings I can think of and nothing has worked.  I've used Stickies for years and loved it, but the biggest thing I use it for is quick reminders, so it useless to me like this.  I would love to find a solution so I don't have to stop using it.
LaurentG

Yesterday at 6:31 pm
I just did a test... and I'm not able to reproduce your issue.
I tested the three following cases :
- One note which is "only" sleeping
- one for which I set an alarm, and that has been set "sleeping" while setting alarm
- one for which I set an alarm, but let "active" while setting alarm.

At the end of 1 or 5 minutes, the THREE notes became visible "on top" of my current window.
Of course, only the last 2 ones (the ones with alarm) were "flashing". The first one "only" became visible on top of my current window.

So, if there is a bug, it is at least "tricky" since not easily reproducible.
Or maybe there is no bug in Stickies, but there is something wrong in YOUR windows installation....

Just one idea, maybe not to have the bug disappear, but at east to have it less annoying : Did you set a sound associated to alarms ? If yes, are you able to hear this sound when alarm awakes ? If yes, it could be "almost" enough to fulfill the "quick reminder feature", no ?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum