Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jman

need to fix a link in KB00085 that links to vcredist_x86 Empty need to fix a link in KB00085 that links to vcredist_x86

Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:51 am
Hello
I'm very appreciate the Stickies.

I occurred the message about side-by-side error when I was launching it after installation.
And I found KB000085 as a solution, but I still got stuck with the problem after installing vcredist_x86.
Next, I found a solution that I should install VC2008 SP1 redist pack.

So, Would you like to replace the link with "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update"?

Regards
jman
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

need to fix a link in KB00085 that links to vcredist_x86 Empty Re: need to fix a link in KB00085 that links to vcredist_x86

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:15 pm
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've compromised and added the link to the article instead of replacing it.  I've been directing people to that KB article for years, and they don't tend to tell me that it's not worked, so I think it's not always the case that you need the second one you mention.

With Stickies v10 I've tried to statically link as much as possible so that no SXS errors crop up any longer, but I do still get problems reported from time to time.  It's a tricky thing, this supporting software across billions of possible configurations!

Tom
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum