Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bob98

Transparency Empty Transparency

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:49 am
Hi,
Is there a way to change the transparency of the backround only? I see there is an option that changes opacity but it changes opacity of the text as well.
Thank you.

Transparency Empty Re: Transparency

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:30 pm
Transparency GTNRrsp

No , you cannot set background alone to a transparency different than the sticky window.There is a way of setting the edit control totally transparent like in the image but it does not work for every skin ( unless you change the region parameter using skinner ) and you have to disable the font enhancement settings of the operating system which will influence all other programs ( You will get ugly rendering  pale  )
bob98

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:34 pm
Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying. I thought maybe there was some option somewhere that I was missing...
Another question: is there a way to hide the titlebar completely? So that the only thing visible would be the sticky itself without any space above. I tried to use skinner but it seems to leave the empty space where the titlebar was.

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:14 pm
Yes you can remove titlebar or hide it by making it the same color as the edit control . But if you remove a titlebar you cannot move the sticky the normal way by clicking on the titlebar and dragging it !

Tom Revell made one  named " zero " you can try it .:

https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/skins.pl?a=show&s=zero

Which skin do you want to change ? 

In skinner the titlebar is in the layout dialog.

Transparency VkBt2DP
bob98

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:38 am
Thank you for the link! That's what I wanted. But now I'm unable to move it with the middle mouse button (pressing the wheel button) to move it around per instructions.

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:59 am
The notes on the zero page implies Mbutton only works for image stickies .

The easiest way to solve it is to create a small titlebar it also allows you to access the rightclick menu .

Transparency 3yf8Ptl

The other solution is to use alt-drag linux stile windows moves . You can write a script if you are familiar with coding or download it from autohotkey examples .

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/EasyWindowDrag_(KDE).htm

There is also a program but you better check it with virustotal before using it ( i used it some years ago before i wrote one myself )

https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/

Small AHK script that enables Mbutton to move an active sticky.

Code:
coordmode ,mouse

#ifwinactive ASticky
MButton::
MouseGetPos,Xm,Ym,IDwin
WinGetPos,WinXm,WinYm,WinW,WinH,ahk_id %IDwin%
Loop
{
    GetKeyState,Lmouse,MButton,P
    If Lmouse = U
        break
    MouseGetPos,XMnew,YMnew
    XMnew -= Xm
    YMnew -= Ym
    WinGotoX:=(WinXm + XMnew)
    WinGotoY:= (WinYm + YMnew)

WinMove,ahk_id %IDwin%,,%WinGotoX%,%WinGotoY%
}
return
#if
bob98

Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:01 pm
I went with your first suggestion and created a small invisible titlebar which is exactly what I wanted. Many thanks for your explanation!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum