Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
OldGrantonian

Microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file store.mdb.  Empty Microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file store.mdb.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:49 am
I have Stickies 9.0e, with Win 10 Pro.

At Stickies startup, I get the error:

• The Microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file store.mdb

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file store.mdb.  Empty Re: Microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file store.mdb.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:25 pm
Is your Stickies data file in the default place?  Perhaps that file is read-only to the app?

Do you have any Stored notes?  If not, then you can exit Stickies, rename "store.mdb" to some other name and then restart the app.  Does that help?

Tom
OldGrantonian

Microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file store.mdb.  Empty Re: Microsoft jet database engine cannot open the file store.mdb.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 am
Thanks for your reply. I haven't had time to experiment, but yesterday, on startup, all my Stickies re-appeared for the first time since my post.

I've no idea how that happened. By osmosis maybe.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum