Go down
View user profile

Stickies works with Windows 10 Mail? Empty Stickies works with Windows 10 Mail?

on Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:31 am
I was trying to use Stickies v.9.0e with Windows 10 Mail, but it doesn't find the mail program even though Mail is set as the default program (using MAPI option).
I also tried to use the SMTP server, but that does not work either.
How can I get it to work?
TIA
View user profile

Stickies works with Windows 10 Mail? Empty Re: Stickies works with Windows 10 Mail?

on Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:22 am
I could only get it to work with smtp using port 25 (no ssl ! ) and my ISP email server not with mapi , it seems Mail does not set some registry values . If you use a free email client like eM Client there is no problem and you can see the registry settings for it after the install and setting it as default app for mail .
Unfortunately i could not find what registry changes Mail needs to make it work but if you google the problem it seems to be a common one with Mail.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail   default is empty for Mail even after setting it as default app.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

Stickies works with Windows 10 Mail? Empty Re: Stickies works with Windows 10 Mail?

on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:24 pm
Does the Windows 10 Mail app support MAPI?

I've never seen it doing so, and a quick Google for the information suggests otherwise.  That would mean that Stickies won't be able to talk to it seeing as it's speaking MAPI, and W10Mail doesn't understand it.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum