Go down
View user profile

Can't paste images into stickies

on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:25 pm
I cannot post images into my sticky notes v90e. I've tried ctrl-c ctrl-v with no results either. If I drag/drop a jpg file to a note I just get a text link reference to it like <<file://D:\Temp\mypicture.jpg>>
Sooyke
View user profile

Re: Can't paste images into stickies

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:32 am
You can make a quick check by using the option in the traymenu   New Sticky From : Screenshot

Be aware that you can only "drag" a file to an "empty" text sticky  (or image sticky) . If if it is not empty a link is created.
When there is already text in it you can use the clipboard to paste . ( you need another application to put the image on the clipboard first )

Another way is to convert an empty text sticky into an image sticky by pressing shift-control-k and the use "load" to get the file as image in a sticky.
View user profile

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:46 pm
I want to end up with a text sticky with an image somewhere in it. New Sticky from Screenshot and New Sticky from Clipboard both work ok. If I drag an image file into a new empty sticky, it works, but it becomes an image sticky and then I can't add any text to it. If I copy an image from explorer, photoshop, web browser, etc. I still can't paste it (via menu or ctrl-v) into an existing text sticky. I can paste images into MS Word, Photoshop, etc with no problem.
Sooyke
View user profile

on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 am
Stickies uses a native editcontrol to create or display mixed text/images , i am on win10 pro and there stickies uses the same windows editcontrol (RICHEDIT50W1) code as is used  in WordPad.
You could try to paste in wordpad to see if it works there. What window version are you using?

The control for displaying pure images or mixed text/images is different but i do not have a clue what is going wrong here . Did it ever worked?

I would reinstall stickies as the easiest next step or wait till Admin Tom Revell answers your post ( taking a backup/restore is easy with the traymenu option ).

Best regards,
View user profile

on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:14 pm
I'm running Windows 7/64 and have never tried to paste an image before, so I don't know how long this problem existed. I tried the pasting in Wordpad and it works ok. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still no luck. I also have another Win 7/64 computer and the image paste does not work there either!
Sooyke
View user profile

on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:26 am
It would be interesting if another forum user with a win7/64 tries it.There is no mention of it in the Knowledge Base and win7 was( is ) a much used OP.
I guess not many people use this feature . Hopefully Tom Revell takes a look at the forum soon.
Admin
Admin
View user profilehttp://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk

on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:28 pm
Yes, sorry about the lack of attention to the forum, ahem.

I suspect this is (was!) due to the image format on the clipboard.  What are you copying from?  I know that if you copy from an image sticky, you can paste that image into a text sticky, thereby mixing text and images. 

If you're copying from the file system, that won't work.  Try loading the image into something (whatever you use to view images), and copying from there.

Tom
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum