Zhorn Software
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
radiocam

Stickies tray icon disappears in Win 7, process still running Empty Stickies tray icon disappears in Win 7, process still running

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:25 pm
Hi,
I've been a Stickies user for many years now and it is probably my top utility on my Windows machines.

For the past couple of Stickies releases I have had a problem where my tray icon will disappear so I cannot create a new sticky. It looks like it is not running, but if I start it (clicking on the Stickies start shortcut) nothing happens. 
To get it back, I have to find the (still running) "stickies.exe *32" process in Task Manager and end it. Then I can start Stickies again and it behaves okay - till the next time.
It's not a huge problem but is a nuisance. And it is even hard to write a batch file to do this using taskkill, etc - that does not end that phantom process - it can only be ended using the Task Manager interface.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Stickies tray icon disappears in Win 7, process still running Empty Re: Stickies tray icon disappears in Win 7, process still running

Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:20 pm
You can take a look at the knowledge base  ( you find it at stickies home page )

Here is the relevant link given by it:

http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/support/kb.pl?q=00078

KB00078 - The Stickies notification area icon is missing

Hope it works   Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum